'Hint of Pink' Sketch Card


June Sketch Card
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
I'm a member of a few MSN Groups, and one of my favourite groups is Crafts Chatter, where i get to chat to lots of great crafters, a wonderful place to share ideas and just have a laugh. They have some great challenges, and one of them is a monthly sketch challenge- make something based on the sketch. It was my turn to design the sketch this month, which was challenging and fun, so i had to make a card from the sketch too.

I also love visiting challenge blogs and one of my favourites it Arty Girlz, there theme this week is a 'Hint of Pink', so i thought i would combine both challenges.

So here is the card i made, i used some lovely Dovecraft papers which have a 'Hint of Pink' - my favourite colour, as well as lots of black and white. It's my hubby Stewart's birthday next month, so i wanted to create a special card for him, so i used the portrait i did of him, digital changed it to black and white, and printed it out on standard printer paper. I then mounted it on the circle i had cut out and added a stitching detail to finish the element, i did the same with the smaller circle and added a die cut heart.

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, using my favourite colour pink, without being too girly, i just hope Stewart will like it.

Comments

Julie Allain said…
WOW I love your card and I think you are so talented... your sketches are amazing!!

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge xx
Kath Stewart said…
Wow what a fab card for the challenge - I am Aberdeen as well..Westhill actually
wow - fab card - this is fantastic designed
Bev said…
Absolutely amazing card - love it!!
Crissi Harvey said…
wow amazing card and so personal your drawing are wonderful your very talented.

Thanks for sharing and joining in with the Arty girlz callenge.

crissi xx
Erum Tasneem said…
LOVE it! Such a different card!!!