Another busy week!

Well this week certainly flew by, amazing how quickly the year is going, be xmas before we know it (arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). Haven't had alot of time for crafting this week but i have managed to make a couple of cards.


This card was a very special one, as it is for my best crafty friend Ju's birthday; she loves they cute little chinese dolls, so i thought they were the perfect stamps for her card, lilac is her favourite colour too, so that made my colour choice a simple one. The card base is a glittered card blank that my mum gave me a pack of a while ago, i stamped the little dolls into the central space and coloured with promarkers, i wasn't very happy with the colouring (the promarkers didn't like the extra smooth shiny card) so i stamped the dolls out a couple of more times, coloured them all in, and decoupaged them up. I then decided to add some flower sequins to form a frame around the image, so out came the sewing kneedle, pricking tool, and shiny thread.
The sewing did take a while, but i'm really pleased with the finished card, and my friend is worth the time and effort.

This card was made for a challenge over at The Greeting Farm. You had to follow a sketch and make a card, and it had to be in black and white, no other colours allowed. This is the first time i've used the Nurse Anya stamp, and i'm really pleased with how she's turned out. I love her hair, and had great fun colouring her in. Papers came from a DCWV paper stack, i created a faux lace ribbon using a new paper punch i have, and added the spotty ribbon to the centre of it. I used my nesties to cut the shapes out for both the image, and the sentiment. Attached the nesty shaped with little black brads and added a black fabric flower with button centre as the finishing touch.

I had great fun with both these cards, and hope to have lots of time to craft this week.
Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments

I just love my card Suzi and you couldnt have got it any better with either choice of stamp or colour. Many many thanks as its is absolutely gorgeous.
I love the black and white card too and am slowly coming round to liking those stamps lol.
luv yer loads
Ju
xxxx