Life on Mars!!


Life on Mars!!
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
I've had a real blast today making this card for the 3 stamp challenge over at The Greeting Farm; the challenge was to use 3 different Greeting Farm stamps, and this is what i came up with. I recently got Spaceman Ian and hadn't had a chance to play with him, so i decided to ink him up, and i thought you cant really have a spaceman without some aliens, so i used the Wild Things set from The Greeting Farm, and stamped out 3 different wild things, i then coloured them all with my promarkers, and i cut off the ears from the wild things, so they all look a little more alien.

I was originally planning on doing a moonscape background, but i wanted to go for something bright and cheerful, so i thought Mars! the red planet would be perfect, so i used some orange vellum from my stash to create the ground, with a torn edge and stippling to give texture. I decided on a bright pink card blank for my base, giving a gorgeous pink sky, which i think really shows off the wonderful stamped images. As a finishing touch i added some pink gems to the sky to give the impression of stars, and a stamped sentiment on a die cut tag.

I love how this card turned out :)
Suzi
xxx

Comments

I love it too
so bright and cheerful
hugs

Ju
xxx