Happy Birthday Stewart

Yesterday it was my gorgeous hubby Stewart's 43rd birthday. So off course i had to make him a card. I'd bought this set of monkey stamps from CC Designs ages ago, as i knew they would be perfect for Stewart's birthday card, as he love monkeys, and the sentiment is a phrase i used quite a lot, lol. The background paper is from a Dovecraft masculine paper pack, and i used this as the inspiration for the colour scheme for the card. I coloured the stamped images in with my letraset promarkers, and added some faux stitching with a letraset fine liner.



This is the card i made for my cousin to give Stewart. Her nickname for him is 'Bucks Fizz Boy', so i decied i had to created a Bucks Fizz Boy for his card, i used Dress Up Ian from the Greeting Farm. I used my Top Note die, to cut out the background for the card, using a piece of pale yellow handmade paper, which i then embossed using the cuttelbug heart block folder; i then ran a black inpad over the embossing to give definition, and rubbed off excess ink with a tissue. I added some darker yellow to the hearts using my promarkers. The sentiment is die cut from the same black card i used for the card base, using a sizzix sizzlet die from the cardmaking kit.












































And finally here is the beautiful card that my very good friend Ju made for Stewart, he loves dragons and adores this card. I personally think it's one of Ju's best creations, i love the images shes used, the composition, and the lovely subtle colour scheme, altogether a really gorgeous card.

Comments