Anyone For Anya? Challenge #2


With Love Dahlia
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
Anyone For Anya? is a new challenge blog for fans of The Greeting Farm's stamp especially Anya and her friends. I didn't manage to take part in their challenge last week, so i made the time for their second challenge this week.

This weeks challenge was a sketch challenge, and i do love sketches, gives you a wonderful starting point for your card, takes some of the thinking out of the equation, which is a very good thing some days!

I chose to use Wild Sprout Dahlia, as i haven't had her long, and wanted to have a play with her again, i love her quirky style, very me. I stamped her with Memento Ink, and coloured her with my letraset promarkers.

The choice of background paper was very easy, as the sketch lent itself to using up scraps and i had some scraps leftover from my Geisha Anya card.

To embellish the card, i decided to make a paper flower, i die cut some circles, cut into them to form petals, then embossed them to give them some shape, layered them altogether and added a white brad for the centre piece. I also die cut two little tags, which i attached to the back of the paper flower, i added a handwritten 'with love' sentiment to the top tag. Not sure if my handwriting is really pretty enough to go on cards, but i think it worked on this card.

Comments

Pegg S said…
Adorable! I love your fun blog and love your card for the sketch. I'm excited to have found other fans of TGF!
Dawny P said…
Oh how wonderful. I love the image and colours you used and you did a fab job with the sketch as well - love it :) Thank you for joining us over at AFA, hugs, Dawny xxx
Lovely papers and a gorgeous flower!

Nice to have you in our challenge!

Sunny regards, Renata
WickedPixie said…
Adorable card! That flower is So cool! :-)Traci
Wiccababe said…
wow, this is stunning missus
Debz
xx