Card for Baby Erin


Card for Baby Erin
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
As you might have read a couple of weeks ago, my best friend Kerri and her husband Glen have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of their first child, baby was due 2nd August, but didn't make an appearance until Monday 17th August. at 2:52pm.

Kerri and Glen are over the moon at the arrival of their daughter Erin Megan, and i'm so pleased for them. I can't wait to see what she looks like.

I've just added the finishing touches to my card for them, i had started a couple of baby card a couple of weeks ago, one in blue and one in pink as we didn't know what they were having. However i just wasn't happy with how the cards were working, so i decided to start over; i recently bought the Happy Chef set of stamps from The Greeting Farm, and thought it would be a fun idea to use the Chef along with a couple of stamps from the Oh Baby set.

I kept the colouring of this card very simple, pretty shades of pink, i found the background paper in my stash and thought it would create the perfect backdrop for this card. After stamping and colouring the images and sentiment, i die cut them with my circle nesties, and added holes around the edge with my cropodile, i then threaded a pretty pink organza ribbon threw the holes to create a pretty ribbon frame. I used a border punch to punch the row of holes at the bottom of the card which i then also threaded ribbon through, i finished this off with a bow. After mounting the image and sentiment, i decided the card needed a little something else; that's when i raided my stash for my alphabet beads, to spell out baby erin's name (found the beads straight away, took ages to find the right letters in pink tho, lol) they are threaded onto a left over bit of ribbon and secured on the inside of the card. I then added an insert with our message to complete the card.

I'm really happy with how this turned out, all the colours work lovely, and it's very girlie without being too OTT. I think it's quite a cute funny card, hopefully Kerri and Glen will like it too!

Suzi
xxx

Comments