Mystery Monday @ Club Anya - Joni's Rule of 3s

Over at Club Anya they have come up with a wonderful new challenge for us, every Monday a TGF Customer will get to set a challenge for us all to have a go at; a brilliant idea.

This weeks challenge has been set by Joni Wilson,

For Joni's challenge, we are calling it "JONI's RULE OF THREE'S". Here are the details:

1.) You must use these three colors: Pink, Black, and White
2.) You must use THREE different embellishments

A nice simple challenge i think, i was so pleased to see the colour theme we had to use, because it's one of my all time favourite combinations.

For this card i decided to use Flutterby Anya, i'd stamped and coloured this image a while ago with my promarkers, but i hadn't come up with an idea for a card until today. I made a black card blank with some textured black card, i then found a gorgeous piece of cerise pink card in my stash which i decided to use, i used my swiss dot embossing folder to emboss it, i then trimmed it and using my martha stewart punch, i created the lovely decorative punched border. I cut a black scalloped circle as a matt for my image, which i decided to offset to the right of my card.

Flutterby Anya looked a little pale against the cerise background, so i got my prismacolour pencils out and added some dark cerise pink to her wings and dress to tie her in with the background a little more. I added some pink to the white background, including a faux stitched edge. I worked some white and black pencil into the image to get some more depth and dimension. I decided to add a handwritten sentiment on a tag cut using my nesties.

Finally i needed to add my three embellishments to complete the challenge, so i add a lovely big black silk flower, a black button for the centre and a beautiful cerise pink pearl as the finishing touch.

I think this card meets all the challenge criteria, it's definitely a bright shade of pink, but to anyone that knows me, the brighter the pink the better, tehe.

I love how this card all came together, i knew i'd come up with some idea to use this lovely image, i just had to wait for inspiration to strike, i guess that's the way it goes sometimes :)

Suzi
xxx

Comments

Amy said…
Gorgeous card Suzi, I love the mix of embossing with the decorative edges... it really is a stunning look!
OMGOSH I LOVE this! It's just beautiful, Suzi! LOVE the embossing, the hot pink/black and your coloring is fabulous!
Randi said…
This is so stunning! You did an amazing job with the challenge! Love the colors you used on Anya. She looks great in pink and black!! The embossed and border punched background is beautiful!!