Meet Nicholette!

Isn't She a Saucy Madam!  She belongs to the gorgeous Les Coquettes set of digistamps released this week by StampInsanity.  I don't know how anybody could resist her, if only i looked like her; well maybe a little taller tehe!!

Today is my wonderful friend Ju's Husband's birthday, so I made this card with him in mind.  I had been planning on making him a more traditional 'man' card, but I just couldn't get inspired.  I decided to have a play with Nicholette, as I really wanted to see what her dress would look like paper pieced.  I used my lightbox to line my patterned paper up with her outfit and umbrella, not only is this a really quick way of paper piecing, but it meant i could get the pattern on her outfit just how i wanted it. I coloured her using my promarkers, and a black fineliner. I then cut her out with my craft knife.

I showed Ju, my cut and coloured Nicholette, and she said that Tim would love her, so happy in that knowledge I carried on with the rest of the card.  I spent a long time looking through my patterned papers to find a suitable one for this card; i have quite a few in this colour scheme, but most of them were just too girlie. I finally found this lovely black dotty paper, which had just enough pink on it to coordinate with Nicholette, without being over powering.  I also found the white paper with the faux stitching pattern on it; this was perfect for my die cut background.  I layered my patterned papers onto black glossy card, and distressed the edges, then using a pink promarker coloured the edges to add a touch of bright pink.

I decided against any other embellishments for this card, as I think it looks more masculine this way.  The only addition I made to this card was a die cut sentiment.

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, not only is Nicholette gorgeous, but I've managed to create a card suitable for a man with pink on it, something i never thought I'd do!  Here's hoping Tim likes it!

Thanks for visiting
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Claireabelle said…
Fabulous card Suzie
x
Tasha said…
Wow fabulous card! I love the colour work and the sassy image
love tasha xx
tiggertastic said…
oh wow, fantastic image and colours too, amazing work very fitting for a teenager

Love your fruit DT card too,

hope you are having a good weekend

sarah xx