Oh, Alice!: The Red Queen's Spesch'al Fine Print

Time for another Oh, Alice Challenge :)
 
CHAPTER 6: The Red Queen's FINE PRINT...

"The Red Queen shook her head, "You may call it 'nonsense' if you like," she said, "but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

This week's challenge is to use some sort of 'fine print/text' in your project.
 I don't tend to use a lot of text on my cards, so this was an interesting challenge for me.  I had a little surf searching for text related to Alice in Wonderland, and came across this wonderful quote from Lewis Carroll himself;
Choosing my main image for this card was very easy, I had to use the gorgeous Red Queen from Spesch Designer Stamps, isn't she wonderful?  I used some red and grey promarkers to put a base coat of colour on her, then i coloured the rest of the image using my prismacolour pencils. 

I kept the rest of this card very simple, i found this wonderful card suites backing paper in my stash, so i layered that onto some black card.  I printed my quote onto white card, distressed the edges and then layered it onto red card, and distressed the edges.  I made my card base from a sheet of red cardstock, then simply layered my background paper, quote and finally the Red Queen herself.  The Red Queen is mounted using foam pads, to give her some dimension.

I resisted the temptation to add anything else to the card, I don't think it really needs any other embellishments; Would love to know what you think? 

Thanks for visiting
Suzi
xxx

P.s. Please come back tomorrow for a 'Rockin' New Release from StampInsantity!!!

Comments

♥Rach♥ said…
What a cool card! Love the paper and you colored her so well :0)
Ooo! I loooove your card! Great text! and beautiful coloring!

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie
Catherine said…
WOW! I absolutely love this card! The image is awesome, but you really rocked it with your coloring! And I love the text/quote you used!!!! It's one of my fave from the book and I love how you styled it. Super fab creation! Thanks so much for sharing it and playing with us again this week at Oh, Alice!
wow! What a great card, love that image, she's sassy!
One my absolute FAVE quotes from the movie and this card is pure AWESOMENESS!!!! Thanks so much for playing my sweet Suzi!!!
Juls said…
so so brilliant!!! Love how you have done the text!! Hugs Juls
Tasha said…
This is awesome love the image and the text is a great idea
love tasha x
Sammi said…
I think this is AWESOME Suzi! Love your use of text and I LOVE that quote! :D Great use of the Queen of Hearts too!

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!

Sammi
xxx