StampInsanity Challenge # 4 - Stair Step Card

It's Thursday again, doesn't the time fly?  Time for another groovy challenge from StampInsanity; this week we're challenged to create a Stair Step Card.

I decided that the beautiful Joszette from Les Coquettes would be perfect for this challenge.  I printed her out and coloured her skin, and tshirts with my promarkers, I then coloured the rest of her with prismacolour pencils.  This is my favourite colouring technique at the moment, I find that the promarkers give a lovely subtle blended tone to skin, and you can get a nice flat base colour with them too; I then like to add shading with my coloured pencils, i like the texture the pencils give to the coloured image.

I created my Stair Step Card from a piece of vanilla cardstock, I then decorated each step with a paper from the Flowery Papermania Paper Pack.  I only used one sheet of paper, as it featured the lovely striped panels, which worked perfectly with the steps of the card.

I then added a piece of ribbon to the front step, then a stamped sentiment, with a ribbon bow on top.  I added a flower embellishment to the centre of the bow along with a pearl centre, this was to echo the pink flowers on the paper.

I hope you find time to join in the challenge, we'd love to see your take on it; and every month there are digi images to be won, just by taking part, check out the StampInsanity Blog for full details.

Thanks for visiting
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh Wow stunning image she was just made for that beautiful card.
Gorgeous
Christine x
She is adorable! You colored her up SO well and I'm diggin' that stair step technique...something I haven't tried! Fun!
Beth said…
BEAUTIFUL!, Suzi! Holy cow! First - your coloring is fantastic (I like the markers for skin, too - but you are amazing with the pencils! Geezy creezy!) Just a gorgeous project! Awesome in the extreme! :) xx
I love love love what you did with her! Beautiful coloring :)

hugs, margie
Anonymous said…
awesome job with your card! i love your coloring :)

xo
~Jeri~ said…
Just lovely my friend!! I love the colors you chose, the papers, and your coloring is superb!! I just love coming by your page and seeing the old film at the top, so much fun!
Lisa Foster said…
Beautiful card! Fabulous design! WOW you rocked it, Girl! Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa
Amy said…
Wow! Awesome card, and she sure does have 'attitude'...fantastic coloring Suzi!
Tasha said…
Totaly sassy, it looks like she was made for this card! Awesome colours
love tasha xx