Challenge #1 at Desert Islands Crafters Challenge Blog

For our very first Desert Islands Crafters Challenge we are using My Desert Island Itinerary, but in future challenges we will use the Desert Island Itinerary of a previous challenge winner.

The challenge is quite simple, all you have to do is make a card/project using 3 or more items from my itinerary.


My Desert Island Itinerary
1)Stitching & Piercing
2)Pearls & Gems
3)Embossing
4)Die Cuts
5)Sparkle - Glitter etc
6) Ribbon & Flowers
7) A Hand Coloured Image - rubber or digi stamp, coloured with your fave medium
8)Theme - Mystical & Fantasy Creatures
9) Colour Scheme - Bright Pink & Black
10) Colour Scheme - Rainbow Colours


Here's my card..
I managed to use 9 out of the 10 items on my Itinerary, I could not manage to get Bright Pink and Black in there without messing up the card.

I used an 8 x 8 Card blank which was already embossed with various sizes of dots.  I added some pastel rainbow pearlescent papers along with a beautiful image from The Stamping Boutique which is called An Uncommon Friendship and comes from there Enchantment Line of images. I coloured my image with Letraset Promarkers and a little Sakura Stardust pen.

I diecut my image and pearlescent papers.  I used a corner punch on the square of paper before layering that onto my card blank.  I then punched holes around the paper square and added my ribbon stitching.  I then added my image mounted on foam pads to give a little dimension.

To finish the card off I add pearls in various sizes and pastel colours.

I hope you find time to play along with us, and dont' forget to link your creation to the Desert Islands Crafters Blog, you never know you could be the next winner, and get to share your Itinerary with us all to follow.

Thanks for visiting with me
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Arts by Sara said…
Your card is absolutely beautiful! I will be heading over to check out the challenge group! Have a great day! Happy Creating! Sara
Scrappychick said…
Stunning Suzi! LOve the rainbow pearls and the stitched ribbon :) Cyber hugs from overseas!
Cyndi
Erica said…
This is lovely! I love all the pearls around. Now I have the song "Under the Sea" stuck in my head!
Alison said…
I love this! It is just so pretty! And I love the pastel rainbow of colors you used. Oh and the pearls! I guess I could go on about it for a while... :)
Beth aka BR-T said…
I love all the beautiful pearls you incorporated into this card and what a fun challenge!