Magical Monday is Nice and Easel!!

It's Monday again, so time for another Magical Monday Challenge with Paper Cupcakes. This week it's my turn to choose our challenge. I would love you to make any kind of Easel Card, i.e. single easel, double easel, twisted easel

Below are some links to some of the other type easel cards if you want to try one that you have never attempted. I have made standard easel cards, along with twisted easel and double twisted easel cards before, and they are alot easier to make than you'd think, so why not have a go.

Easel Card
Easel Card Tutorial Video
Twisted Easel Card Tutorial Video
Double Twisted Easel Card Tutorial Video
Triple Easel Card Tutorial Video



For my card I created something a little different..
It's a stair step easel card, and it was really easy to make.  Just make a standard single easel card, and instead of adding an embellishment or sentiment to hold the easel erect, you simply score lines across the front edge of the base to create your steps, on this card I created three steps, so scored six lines evenly spaced, and then folded accordion style to create the steps.


You can then decorate your card as you see fit.  One thing i like to do before folding all the score lines is to add a piece of background paper to the base of the easel, this means when you fold your steps, your folding your background paper at the same time, and get nice neatly covered steps.


As you can see I went with an underwater theme for this card, using the very cute 'Yarah and Blow' image from Paper Cupcakes.  All my papers for this card came from a digital paper pack called 'Under the Sea' created by PixelPaperPrints available at their Etsy Store.


I can't wait to see the wonderful Easel Card you'll create, have fun creating.
Thank You for visiting with me today
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Beth aka BR-T said…
Oh I love you underwater scene !
OMGOSH Suzi this is AMAZING! What a gorgeous card and beautiful rosettes to accent the little sea life- I LOVE this!!!!!
This is stunning....awesome job....now I can see why you choose easel this week.....looks like something you would see under the sea....