Challenge #4 at Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls and we've got some Creepy Kids!!

Welcome to new Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls challenge, I hope you are enjoying the revamped blog and challenges, I know the Dolls and I are having great fun with the new challenges.

The theme for challenge #4 is 'Scary Kids', create a project that features either some sort of Scary Kid (Damian from the Omen, The Twins from the Shining, etc) or a film that is either Scary for Kids or Scared you as a Kid!!  I wonder how many of you are still scared of 'The ChildCatcher', I'm sure a few of you are!!

So onto my card for today's challenge; I went for one of my favourite films inspired by a book, the book being 'The Midwich Cuckoos' by John Wyndham, and the film is of course the Village of the Damned (1960)

I came up with the idea for this card quite quickly, as I find the children in the film to be rather scary and creepy, and therefore perfect for this challenge.  I knew i wanted to use the wall image, as that really reminds me of the turning point of the story.  The wall image comes from Make It Crafty and is part of the Urban Street Digi Stamp  which i bought as part of the Urban Street Collection.  The scary kids are the wonderful creations of Lily Chilvers the genius behind The Octopode Factory, They are her Back to School Girl and Boy images.

I kept my card very simply, using some brown cardstock from my stash, to create my card base, which i ran through my embossing machine with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Wall Embossing Folder.  I printed my images, coloured them with my Letraset Promarkers, before trimming the image down, and distressing the edges.  To finish the card i added some natural jute twine.

I hope you have as much fun with this challenge as I did, I can't wait to see your Scary Kid Creations.
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

FitterTwit said…
Suzi! I love it! But then, I'm kind of a freak for Octopode! LOL!
Sandy said…
Oh dear - this is sooo funny!!
Sandy