Love Conquers All with some Classic Style...

Love definitely does conquer all, and that is what my card is all about today.  It features one of the brand new Steampunk Classic Collection 2 images from SimplyBStamps.net; it's called The Performers by Abigail Larson, and it's simply beautiful.  As soon as i saw it I thought Beauty and the Beast and knew i had to make a card with it.

It's a very detailed image, so i wanted to show the stages i went through colouring it, to let you see that it's not quite as scary as it first might look.

As you can see, the first step for me was to colour the background in, this helps get rid of some white paper, and also makes it easier to focus on the main image.  I then colour blocked the rest of the image, simply colouring with a pale version of the colours i wanted to use.   The next stage i work at adding in some shading, and more vibrant colours, I then worked in some shadows to add definition to my image.  The last stage was to add some texture, so i used a couple of background stamps and walnut distress ink, to grunge the whole thing up a little, I then added distress embossing powder.  Once i'd heated this, i rubbed off some areas to show more of the image, and distressed the edges with a distressing tool.

Here is my finished card...
I added some yellow card and a sentiment to contrast the image a little, and some magic mesh in the background gives some texture.  I kept my embellishments minimal, simply adding a few crystal to echo the lights in the image, and some ribbon and buttons.

I love how this turned out, as i had no idea where the project was going, i simply had fun colouring this awesome image, and playing around.  I hope you like it as much as I do.

Hop over to the Simply Challenged Challenges Blog to see the rest of this beautiful collection of images, and then head straight over to SimplyBStamps.net where you can get these images in digi for at the sale price of $3.50.  Be quick cos the digi sale ends soon.

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Corinne said…
FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!
Hugs
Doreen said…
This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx
Sandra H said…
Wow this is just fabulous:)x