Dark Fairy Tales at PPP


Hello everyone and welcome to our 6th Challenge at Poisoned Peas Please (PPP). Our theme this time around is “Dark” Fairy Tales!

I am here with some more Dark inspiration for your creative minds!

We were provided with several wonderful digi stamps from Ike's Art, for this challenge! Ike's Art is our sponsor this month, and one lucky Random winner will win a $10.00 gift certificate to her store!


Here is my creation based on a 'Dark' Beauty & the Beast, where it's the Beauty that you really can't trust;
I imported the 'Beauty and the Beast' image into Photoshop where i added my sentiment, before printing it out, and colouring with a mix of Letraset Promarkers and Flexmarkers.
I love the idea that just because someone is beautiful or ugly on the outside, it doesn't mean that they are the same on the inside.  I went with shades of blue for my beauty to give the impression of a cold lack of emotion, with the red lips as a danger sign, and to tempt the poor beast.

I kept my embellishments to a minimum, a little heart patterned washi tape to imply the stirring of emotions, the twine is wrapped up and twisted around a cold blue heart, speaks for itself i think.

I hope this pieces speaks to you in the way i've described, if not, I'd love to hear what it says to you.

Our challenge runs for another 12 days, so you've still plenty of time to join in, I look forward to seeing your Dark Fairy Tales.
Happy Crafting
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Debra said…
Beautiful job Suzi, and don't let people get you down! *hugs*