Keep Calm and Drink Tea with The Cutting Cafe

This week at The Cutting Cafe we are featuring some super cute little gift sets.  You know those little things you like to send to friends just to cheer them up, and let them know your thinking and care about them.

For my project I created this cute little Tea Bag Holder.  It was really quick and easy to make, which is just the sort of thing I like, as I've never been very good at 3D construction work, my brain doesn't handle dimensions very well!!  I chose a pretty patterned paper for my Tea Bag Holder, and then added some ribbon to the inside before inserting a piece of coordinating card stock to strengthen the whole thing.
I kept the front of my Tea Bag Holder very clean and simple, just stamping the 'Keep Calm and Drink Tea' sentiment directly onto it.


Here you can see the inside, I made sure when cutting the template to have my pattern at the bottom of the piece of paper so once it was folded over it created a pretty detail on the inside of the holder.  I also rounded the corners of this bottom piece before sticking it down, just to help create a nice line.

All that was left for me to do was to add some Tea Bags.  What better Tea to choose than the Queen's favourite Twinnings.  I have to say it was a happy accident that my patterned paper happened to match the colour of the Tea Bag Packets, rather serendipitous me thinks!!

Don't forget to hop over to The Cutting Cafe Blog to see the awesome Gift Set created by the rest of the DT.

Bye for now
Time for Tea
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
This is great! x