The Deconstruction of Dali

Have you seen the awesome Dali Portrait by Rick St. Dennis MFA?  It's exclusively available from his Blog.

As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to add it to my collection.  Dali is one of my favourite artists of all time, and Rick's interpretation of him is absolute perfection in my opinion.

For my card I printed the image out 8 times, then coloured each one in a different monochromatic colourways.  Then I simply cut the images up, I stuck to squares and rectangles to keep some cohesion to my images, but other than that my cutting was pretty random, as part of my idea was to create 4 completely different versions of the image.  It took a little time, plenty of adhesive, and a fair bit of concentration to make sure I ended up with 4 complete images, with the pieces all lined up.

The rest of the card is very simple; a white card blank, with the images first layered onto black gloss card stock, the onto some white card and adhered with foam pads.

That's pretty much all there is to say about my card, just remember if you want the Dali image you need to visit Rick's Blog soon, so you don't miss it.

Thanks for visiting with me today
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Ellis said…
Gorgeous card you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor