Variations Week at Sweet Pea Stamp featuring Wild Heart by Charity Dauenhauer

Good Day All, It's Variations Week over at Sweet Pea Stamps, the whole Design Team get the same image to create with and Today it's my turn to post my version of 'Wild Heart' by Charity Dauenhauer.  Here's my project;

This week I've created some wall art for my Craft Room.  Wild Heart is coloured with Letraset Tria and Promarkers along with a little Prismacolor Verithin Pencil.

 I opened the image in Photoshop so I could lighten the image to have a go at the 'No Lines' Technique; I printed the image along with a normal version of it on a sheet of A4 paper.  This made it quite a bit easier to figure out what was what on my paler image; It also meant that if I messed up, I already had another copy of the image printed out!

Here is a close up of the image, not sure you can tell that I used the 'No Lines' Technique, but I did, and managed to come up with something I really like.

For my background I took Dark Blue and Warm Grey Alcohol Inks and poured them onto a sheet of White card, before letting them run to create streaks down my card. I then turned the card and poured some more ink down the side, creating more streaks.  I sprayed it with a little alcohol blending solution and left it to dry over night.  I then cut the card into strips, and edged with a bright pink pen.

It was then time to put everything together.  I used a 10" x 8" bright pink photo frame, and cut a piece of Silver Mirri Card to form the base of my project.  I then played around with the arrangement of the background strips I'd created until i was happy with the layout, then glued them to the mirri card.

To add some texture I used some pink sequinella from my stash, along with some pink staples, to add a little bit of contrast to the background. I then added my image.  Finally I found some square gelli stickers in my stash, and add then for a little extra splash of pink.  Then I put it all into the frame.

I have to say I love how this turned out, all i need to do now is decide which wall it's going on in the craft room.  It's going to look awesome against the white walls.

I hope you've found my process interesting, thank you so much for visiting with me today, and don't forget to check out all the other variations of this image on the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog over the next few days.

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments