Christmas is coming at SLSLines Digital Stamps

It's New Release Day over at SLSLines Digital Stamps, and this month the DT are showcasing some of Sal's gorgeous new Christmas images.

I had the great pleasure of creating with the 'Christmas Birds' image, here's my project;
I have to say birds are not something I tend to colour, so I was a little nervous working with this image, but  I do love a challenge, and I think I did OK.  This image has such a traditional wintry Christmas feel to it that I wanted to created something to echo that feeling, a classic Christmas card, suitable for anyone.

I coloured the beautiful birds with a mix of Letraset Tria and Promarkers, with the addition of a little white gel pen for highlights.  I wanted to give the impression that my image is a Christmas bauble, so I was going to die cut it circular, but my heart dies jumped out and me, and upon close inspection I found that one of the large dies worked really well with this image, creating a nice focal point on the birds without cutting off to much of the background.

I created an A5 card from a piece of Dark Red Card, then trimmed a piece of Dark Green Card to 5 x 7 before embossing it with the Floral Vine Embossing folder from Crafters Companion, as you can see if you turn the pattern upside down it resembles mistletoe, so works perfect for a Christmas card.

I layer my embossed card onto some Bright Red Card to add a little zing, this also gave me the opportunity of adding some Red Bias Binding to the card to give it a wrapped present feel, I also used the Bias Binding for the baubles hanger. I then adhered all my layers together, before adding my final embellishments.

I added a circular Christmas sentiment sticker by Simple Stories to a red bottle cap, this was then added to my card along with a few dotty red buttons.

That's my take on Christmas for today, you will definitely want to see the rest of the DTs beautiful creations using this months gorgeous new images, so make sure you hop over to the SLSLines Challenge Blog to see the full line up of creations.

That's all from me for today, Thank You for visiting with me,

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments