Featured Artist at Sweet Pea Stamps


Good Morning All, It's featured Artist week over at Sweet Pea Stamps, and this week we are focusing on the beautiful image by Helena Reis.  Helena's image have a lovely whimiscal feel to them, and choosing one to work with was quite difficult, as I love so many of them.  In the end I went with one of my favourite themes - Alice in Wonderland and used the gorgeous Alice image by Helena.

Here's my project,
Doesn't Alice look wonderful on this Altered MDF Teapot, I had great fun with this project, I covered the MDF Teapot with patterned papers from Lilybee Design's Victoria Park Tiny Tablet.  I left it to dry overnight, before trimming the edges of the paper with a craft knife, and then sanding with some fine sand paper to smooth the said edges.

Alice is coloured with a mix of Letraset Tria and Promarkers, along with a little white gel pen for highlights.  Here's a close up of Alice;
I really recommend you check out Alice in the store, as Helena's original version is quite different to my version, I'm sure you'll be quite surprised by how different they actually look.  I hope you like my interpretation.

I trimmed my image and added it to the Teapot. Using the 'Tea' stamp from Alice Sentiments stamps by Sweet Pea Stamps, I stamped my sentiment onto a wooden tag, I then added some black gingham ribbon. I found this cute wee bow flatback embellishment in my stash, so i added that to Alice's headband.  The Black Pearl Swirls are from That Craft Place, and with careful trimming I managed to cover the Teapot with swirls and flourish, using just one if these gorgeous swirls.

That's all from me for today, Thank You for visiting with me, Don't forget to visit the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog to see the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT using Helena's beautiful images.
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments