Happy Thanksgiving with Sweet Pea Stamps

Happy Thanksgiving to you All.

As it's Thanksgiving Day today, and my day to post a creation on the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to create a Thanksgiving Card.  Our featured Artist this week is Regan Kubecek, and her 'Thanksgiving' image is perfect for this special occasion.


I coloured 'Thanksgiving' with a mix of Letraset Tria, Flexi and ProMarkers, before trimming it down and mounting onto some core-dinations card stock.  My background paper is from the Retro Stack by DCWV.  I added some blue ribbon to more of the core-dinations card stock and layered it onto my card with some foam pads for dimension.  I then added my image, which you can see in more detail below;

You can find this gorgeous image along with many more by Regan Kubecek in the Sweet Pea Stamp Store in both Rubber and Digital Format. To embellish my card I added some feathers in coordinating colours along with a ticket die cut with the worlds 'Give Thanks' added in alphabet stickers.

I have to say I'm quite pleased with how this card turned out, I used colours that I don't tend to use that often, so i'm really happy with how my colour scheme came together.  I love the patterns in the Retro Stack by DCWV, so it was really nice use some of these papers, and create something which takes a very traditional image and combines it with some funky patterns.  I hope you all like it too.

I'd like to wish you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving where-ever you are in the World.
Thank You for visiting with me today,
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments