A Sweet Pea Stamps Art Nouveau Rocker Card Calender

Good Morning All, Today I'd like to share with you a quick gift idea featuring the gorgeous Art Nouveau 2 image by Karen Middleton available at Sweet Pea Stamps.


I discovered this gorgeous image whilst browsing the Sweet Pea Stamps Website recently, I'm amazed at the images i've found whilst browsing since the site changeover; Having a larger picture of them really does make them stand out more, and instant downloads make it so easy to get your image and get creating with it.  I highly recommend taking some time to have a browse, and today is an excellent day to do it as we have a 50% discount code available only till the end of today.


So back to my project, here is a picture of it in all it's glory.
I call this a Rocker Card Calender, although the name of the template I used calls it a 'Circle Stepper Template' and it is by Get in Shape Templates.  I came across the template whilst tidying my crafty stash and thought it was about time I had a play with it.  It's got very simple instructions with it, so was a lot easier to make than I anticipated.

All the patterned card used in this project came from a die cut and card stack by Creata.  I used one sheet of card for the stepper card base.  To this I added some layered patterned card to go behind my image.  I coloured my image with Letraset Tria and Promarkers and then fussy cut it out before using some Tonic Funky Glue to add it to my background layers.


I added a die cut tag and butterfly from the card stack to the back step of the card, before adding a calender tab to the front of the card.  I layered the calender tab onto a leftover piece of card.

I love how this calender turned out, the base stands perfectly well on its own, the only thing you have to remember when adding your image and any embellishments is to make sure that you spread the weight of them evenly across the template, otherwise it will stand rather lopsided.

I hope you like my calender idea, for more gift ideas don't forget to check out the Gift Ideas page on the Sweet Pea Stamps Website. Remember to visit the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog for lots more inspiring creations from the uber-talented design team.

That's all from me for today, Hope you find time to have fun and do a little crafting at this hectic time of year.

Have a great day all
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments