Day 20 - 31 Days of Halloween meets Vera Lane Studio

Welcome to Day 20 of our 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop.

Want to go Trick or Treating with me?

This cute wee girl is 'October' by Vera Lane Studio.  Isn't she wonderful.
I love the quirky image from Vera Lane Studio, and this was so much fun to colour. I used my Letraset Promarkers and Uni Posca pens to colour her.

For the background on my card I decided to use up some of the scraps of patterned papers left over from my previous projects.  So to make my really simple, but fun background, I cut 1 inch squares from each patterned paper and then adhered to my card blank.

My sentiment is from DCWV's Bewitched Stack.  The purple border was another leftover, to which i added some orange polka dot organza ribbon before layering on my card.  To compliment the ribbon I added an orange ribbon bow from my crafty stash.

I love this background technique, simple yet effective, and you can of course vary the shapes you use. A great way to use up those scraps of paper that we just don't want to waste.

That's all from me for today, Happy Hopping,
See you tomorrow
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx



 photo Wicked Blogger 2015_zpsxiue4v7s.jpg
Full Blog Roll
Terra
Black Dragon
Alison
Julia
Lyneen
Kelli
Maureen
Sue
DominoART
Lost Coast Portal To Creativity
Susan
Sarah
Keren
Lisa F
Teresa
Fiona
Lisa H
Stampendous Stamps
Shell
Sarah S
Airless Chambers
Susan R
Dream In Darkness
De Stempelwinkel
Leslie Rahye
Kat
Rebecca
Lee
Suzi
Sara
DeeDee

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
EEEK! She's adorable! LOVE how you done the background with scraps, too. Great card! xxD
Carol said…
Great card - love it xx
Sari / Granne said…
Love seeing your coloring on different style images, fabulous talent all the way, no matter what image...
Wicked cool card today, love that image, she's so adorably quirky!
valscraftings said…
Love the images, great card!
Mary Holshouser said…
What big eyes you have!
the pumpkin looks like he's afraid - she can see him too well.
thanks for sharing a fun card.
Susan Renshaw said…
Gorgeous image! love the background! Fab make!
Unknown said…
Such a great card--love that background technique!
love love the back ground the image is perfect and so adorable
Lyneen said…
Cute October is holding on scary looking pumpkin... love the colors. I recognize some of the scraps on your background from my table.... Great card. Thanks for sharing!!!
My Side of Oz said…
Just adore this little gal...looks fabulous xx