Make it Tall and Thin with Left of Center Creative Challenge Blog

It's time for a new challenge over at the Left of Center Creative Challenge blog, so time to embrace our dark side and create something wickedly creep and offbeat.

It's time dig out your tall thin cards and create something for us this week. 

Our sponsor is
 and you could win some amazing images from them if you play along. 

Here's my project;
I couldn't resist the gorgeous 'Heart Monster' from Bugaboo Stamps, so that's the image I used for my project.  He's coloured with Letraset Tria and Promarkers with the addition of some Uni Posca White Pen for highlights.


I have some gorgeous felt heart stickers in my stash, that went perfectly with this cute monster.  So I decided to create a card with hanging hearts.

I simply cut some strips of acetate and sandwiched one end of the strip between two felt hearts of the same size and colour.  I then took my Tall card blank and cut a piece of white card stock slightly small than the front of the card.  I glued the free end of the acetate strips to the back of my card panel and then added it to my card front.  Then I added my image, along with a felt heart.

To get the acetate strips to hang how I wanted, I curled them with a pair of scissors, then put a weight on then overnight.  This meant my acetate had a nice curl, but the hearts didn't stand too far away from my card blank.

I had so much fun with this card, It was really simple to make and looks very impressive in real life.  Using the self adhesive felt hearts made it even easier.  I hope i've inspired you to play along with our challenge.  Don't forget to visit the Left of Center Creative Challenge Blog to get even more inspiration from our awesome Design Team.

Thanks for visiting with me today, 
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments