Have A Spooky Halloween with Oddball Art Stamps

Today I'd like to share with you a page from my Art Journal that  I've created for Halloween and the latest challenge over at the Oddball Art Stamps Challenge Blog.

We've changed the rules so now you don't have to play along with the challenge theme, but if you do and win you get an extra prize.


Our theme this month is 'Cemetries', and you can interpret this however you wish, but we'd love you to share with us you an explanation of your interpretation, if it's not obvious.

Here is my Art Journal Page;
I used one of my favourite Halloween images 'image#87 Creepy Mummy Girl'.  The inspiration for this journal page comes from 'The Mummy (2017)' film, which I saw recently, and loved.

For my background I layered black paper, silver paper, and an old purple halloween background paper onto each other, leaving a small border on each of them. I then added strips of black paper in a starburst layout to simulate the mummy's bandages.  I added white gesso to the page to make the background look older and dusty.

I coloured my image with ProMarkers, before fussy cutting it, and adding it to my background, I then added more details with Faber-Castell PITT Pens and a Black Fudeball Pen.

I used Tim Holtz Thinlit dies to cut my sentiment from the silver paper, before adding it to the page, I then added some shading with a Purple PITT Pen to tie the whole page together.

Want to see more projects inspired by our 'Cemetries' theme, then hop over to the Oddball Art Stamps Blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of our design team.  You'll also find instructions on how to join in our challenge and win some awesome Oddball Art Stamps images, as well as a Halloween post.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and don't forget to use my discount code in the Oddball Art Stamps Etsy store to get 10% off your purchase; DTSUZI10

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx


Comments

missgailly said…
Such an adorable image on this great card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail
Chris C said…
Love all the purple! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.