Welcome to the World of Every Day is A Sunday

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a Retirement card my Dad asked me to create for one of his friends.

His only instruction was that it had to have the phrase 'Welcome to the World of Every Day is A Sunday' on the front.

Here's what I came up with;
I used this wonderful image called 'King for the Day' by Mo Manning.  I fussy cut my image then coloured with Promarkers.

I had great fun creating the background for this project, I used Brushos, Matte Medium and my Gelli Plate, to create this background on Canvas.  Here's a close up of a section of the canvas;


I love the effect I managed to acheive.  Once i'd pulled my original print from the Gelli Plate, I added more Brushos and water, left to dry and then added a layer of Matte Medium over the whole thing with a brayer, this moved some of the Brushos creating more great textures, and once dry it left a waterproof finish.

Once dry I trimmed an area of the canvas that I like to fit my card blank, and adhered it with Tacky Glue.

I then added some Blue Polka Dot Paper Tape onto the Canvas with a coat of matte medium.  I then added my image and computer generated sentiment; followed my a layer of matte medium over the whole canvas.

Once dry I added shading to my image and sentiment with Faber-Castell PITT Pens. 

I had great fun with this card, and I'm happy to say both My Dad and his friend liked it.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi 
xxx

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges;










Comments

Sherri Thacker said…
Oh what a fun image this and it's a perfect "guy" card. I also love the background. I haven't tried a gelly plate yet. I don't even know what it is. LOL Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.
LisaM said…
Love your background work and that sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!
crafty-stamper said…
WOW brilliant retirement card,great sentiment and fabulous colouring----Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
Carol DT x